Getting bored in the city? Try out these locations near Mumbai
Do you feel suffocated in the confinements of your home? Is the city life sucking the life out of you? If yes is the answer to both the questions, then cheer up! There are many places near Mumbai that will take you near the nature and leave you feeling satisfied. From mesmerizing hill stations to the backwaters of Mulshi dam there is no dearth of options when it comes to exploring the nature near Mumbai. Here is a list of places to visit around Mumbai.
- Karnala: Arranged as close as 80 kilometers from Mumbai, a drive here through the hazy Sahyadri goes or even a trek to the eleventh century Karnala Fort is exceptionally fortifying! The Karnala Bird Sanctuary is a treat for nature admirers, which is additionally a standout amongst the most energizing spots close Mumbai for winged creature observing particularly in the months of july-August. Storm gives you the chance to spot outlandish fowl species like the Malabar Whistling Thrush, Magpie Robin, and Paradise Flycatcher.
- Bhandardara: Situated at 1646 meters, Bhandardara cases the most elevated top in the Sahyadri Ranges – Kalsubai. You are invited here by lavish vegetation, part of springs and streams amid rainstorm. With a sanctuary on, appreciate brilliant perspectives of the backwaters of Bhandardara, on the off chance that you climb this top. Perfect for experience lovers, one can likewise make a beeline for the Bhandardara dam adjacent which frequently floods in the storm.
- Durshet: The village welcomes you with thick woodlands, the Amba River coursing through the forested areas in the midst of absolute peacefulness. Loaded with waterfalls in the blustery season, one can appreciate trekking through the falls and greenery here. The more bold one can attempt exercises like rock climbing, rappelling, stream crossing, and so on. Given a wide assortment of vegetation, you can hear the high pitched of the winged creatures twittering or see a butterfly at work! Without a doubt one of the unexplored storm getaways close Mumbai.
- Mulshi: Backwaters of the Mulshi dam, traverse the whole zone beginning from, another celebrated weekend spot, Tamhini to the town of Mulshi, this spot gives an exceptionally Swiss vibe, kid you not! Go here in the storms and it doesn’t look any not exactly a YRF film set. Barely a 3-hour drive from Mumbai, Mulshi Dam is awesome for a day’s venture, there are numerous resorts as well where you can simply unwind, spend the night. The dam is based on the Mula River and is a noteworthy power generator for Maharashtra.
- Badlapur: With the greenery around, Badlapur serves as an incredible outdoors destination. There are a few trekking opportunities too around this interesting spot close to Mumbai. Kalavantin Durg is the most prominent trek, however, around Badlapur. The nearby by Kondeshwar too is a prominent sanctuary with a superb waterfall that wakes up sublimely in the rainstorm. A few places likewise offer exercises like commando net, stream crossing and so forth that the children will appreciate. Additionally, an awesome spot, on the off chance that you simply need to do only be far from the city as you appreciate the downpours.
These are the perfect places to visit around Mumbai during monsoons as they offer a variety of activities to indulge in. Just book your Cochin to Mumbai flights and travel to have an awesome time near the nature.